Preparing for the Day
We will meet at The Local Food Kitchen at 989c Matakana Road, at 10am sharp. Chef will briefly go through introductions and the NZ products and dishes of the day, over locally roasted coffee and morning tea.
From The Local Food Kitchen we will head across the road to the famous Matakana Village Farmer’s Market. There you will meet some of the local producers, learn about the provenance of the products we will be using and collect some of our ingredients.
Next it will be in to the kitchen – aprons on and getting started! During the next 3 hours Chef will do some demonstrating but the lesson will largely be about YOU – hands on – learning by preparing and cooking some well known delicious Kiwi style dishes. Chef will guide you as part of a small group (maximum 8), so everyone is included, to the extent you want to be involved.
When the dishes are cooked it will be time to sit down together and enjoy your combined efforts, with a local wine match for your main course.
The day will end by 4 pm and you will leave with plenty of new ideas, special memories, a selection of recipes from your day, your Local Food Kitchen goodie bag with a taste of local Matakana produce.
INCLUDED IN THE CLASS PRICE:
- Fresh locally roasted coffee and snack
- Guided tour of Farmer's market with Chef
- Introductions, explanation and tasting of their NZ products
- Local Food Kitchen notes and recipes
- Dishes cooked during the class
- Wine matching or tasting
- Local Food Kitchen goodie bag to take away
OTHER USEFUL INFORMATION:
- The programme for the day begins promptly at 10 am
- Wear comfortable shoes as you will be on your feet for much of the day.
- The Local Food Kitchen aprons will be available for purchase on the day.
- We can help with accommodation for any people wishing to stay in Matakana overnight.
- If you have a group wanting a different theme, let us know.
- Transport can be arranged at an additional cost, please contact us.